My favorite place to visit in California is the The Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay, California. This resort is located about 30 minutes outside of San Francisco, California, sitting on a cliff, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This particular destination not only has a picturesque golf course, a beautiful resort, but boasts an awesome seaside tennis facility, too!
The Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay, California:
- The tennis center is nestled amidst the golf course, near the ocean, on the resort property. The Half Moon Bay morning sea mist does not stop the regular members from playing tennis at the tennis courts. On our visits to Half Moon Bay, the Tennis Teaching Professional has made us feel welcome and provided us with a wonderful tennis experience. Each time we have walked up to the tennis courts, the tennis professional would approach us, ask us about our game, and then would find people to play doubles with. On Sunday mornings, we also participated in the well-attended mixed doubles, round robin (if you do not want to play doubles, you can participate in a beginner – intermediate clinic, or set up a private tennis lesson).
- The hiking trail winds through the golf course, and along the coast. Hiking is a great way to see the extraordinary property.
- The Spa hosts a nice shop in addition to its spa offerings. The Ritz Carlton signature massage is always desirable, after a long day of tennis, golf or hiking!
- The golf course is straight out of a magazine. It is set up on a cliff, surrounded by the beautiful, vintage resort, as far as you can see. The 18th hole ends at the patio. Golfers can count on an audience while they finish up their round.
- On one of our stays, the room had a fireplace, which was not only warm, but romantic! On another stay, outside our room we enjoyed our private fire pit, which was cozy since the evenings are cool at Half Moon Bay!
- The patio facing the ocean and the 18th hole has two large fire pits, which are surrounded by Adirondack chairs. At sundown, a bagpiper dressed in a kilt begins playing songs by the fire pit area. Towards the end of his serenade, the bagpiper slowly walks down the path of the golf course, along the ocean. You can faintly hear the bagpipe as he disappears in the horizon.
So, when planning a trip to the San Francisco, California area, consider The Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay, California, and bring your tennis racquets, as it will become one of your favorite and memorable places to play tennis, too!
Tip: This resort is dog friendly (although they are no longer allowed by the fire pit area).